facebook pixel

When purchasing car/truck insurance through Western Financial Group and its partners, the policy covers damage to someone else’s property or bodily injury you may have caused, as well as damage to your vehicle from another vehicle, a fixed object, fire, theft, vandalism and weather-related events.

  • If you own a truck, van, SUV or car, you are required by law to hold a minimum level of car/truck insurance.
  • Liability insurance is mandatory in all provinces – it covers you for damage you may cause to another person’s property as well as any injuries.

Western Financial Group and its insurance partners use the term ‘class’ to determine what the vehicle is used for. For example, Class 1 could mean you do not use your vehicle to commute to and from work. Class 2 could mean you use your vehicle to commute to work, school or transit within a certain kilometre radius. Vehicles can be rated Class 3 (using vehicle for the commute to and from work, transit or school beyond the approved radius) or Class 7 (vehicle is rated for business but can still be used for personal).

  • Your premium on your car/truck insurance will change as your vehicle class changes.

Parents with a car/truck policy might have children who have just received their license. It’s an exciting time to pass over the keys, but your car/truck insurance may not always cover new drivers.

Any time a material change in risk occurs, such as new drivers being in the household, phone your Western insurance expert to let them know of this change to ensure your children are fully covered.

  • If the number of drivers exceeds the number of vehicles, the kids will most likely be listed as an occasional driver.
  • If the number of drivers equals the number of vehicles in the household, insurance companies will normally rate the occasional driver on the highest rated vehicle.