At Western Financial Group, our licensed brokers know farm and ranch insurance and know full well that Ag is business — we provide you the right security at the best value for your home and farm.
What’s different about Western? — we care about your security and your farm. Many of our brokers have farmed or have family in the industry — we have the expertise and know it takes hard work.
Consider that farm and ranch insurance is one of the most unique products on the market, as it often combines elements of personal (farm house) and business product lines into one policy.
Knowing this, our experts spend the time with you — both in the office and through farm visits — so you understand the ins and outs of your policy and, most importantly, are insured to value.
We provide you the care and attention your business deserves. As brokers, we access numerous insurance companies and their product suites in which we can write your ag business.
You’ll find Western farm and ranch experts in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario. Our size means our Western associates have vast connections to best serve your business.
What you need to know about farm and ranch insurance
- Most insurance companies will cover your dwellings, farm buildings, equipment and liability.
- Consider speaking to a Western broker about optional coverages including overland flood, sewer backup, home equipment breakdown and service line among others.
- We need full disclosure and detailed information about your farm, regardless how big or small it might be, for our brokers to write you the optimal policy. In doing so, you’ll always have the right coverage for your needs.
- Ensure you understand and request information from Western on what coverages will be right for your farm buildings, machinery, produce, livestock etc.
- Larger machines mean larger sheds — consider collapse due to ice and snow coverage. As well, we advise prairie and forest fire fighting coverage on farm policies.
- Your principle dwelling limit should be reviewed at least every five years or after substantial alterations to ensure accuracy. All other dwellings should also be reviewed at the same time.
- Your dwelling insurance includes amounts for personal contents, detached private structures and additional living expenses which are based on percentages of the dwelling value.
- o Personal contents include all contents of your home or detached structures yet doesn’t include any farm use items.
- o Detached private structures insures a detached garage, garden shed, gazebo, etc. Any buildings used for farming must be insured separately.
- o Additional living expense covers your increased cost of living due to a claim, including the cost to rent a place while your home is being repaired or rebuilt.
- o Ask about increased limits for high value personal items such as jewelry, fine arts, sporting equipment, tack, etc.
Farm building coverage
- Types of buildings covered by farm and ranch insurance can include Quonsets, barns, shops, grain and fertilizer bins, pump houses, as well as sheds — cattle, machine and hay.
- Building contents are not automatically covered as they are under your dwelling. These must be shown as a separate limit on your policy.
- Inform your broker on construction details, including type of building construction, foundation, roof and siding materials used and any finishing products — heat, electric or insulation.
Advantages to working with a Western broker
- Our licensed experts will explain the pros and cons between scheduled and blanket farm machinery and out building forms. We’re committed to you being insured to value.
- Western Financial Group has experts who will conduct farm visits (new business and renewals). It’s important to understand each individual coverage (liability etc.) and risks you may face.
- We are available for claims support during office hours — we also have a 24/7 claims line.
- Our brokers strive to deal with all clients with immediacy.
For more information on farm and ranch insurance, contact your Western insurance broker today.
Western Hail Insurance
Hail, lightning, strong winds, heavy rain — storms are unpredictable. What is certain is when they hit, they often hit hard. Hail is one of Canada’s most expensive hazards, there’s no doubt about it.
In most cases, Western Financial Group is based in rural communities — we know the challenges summer storms bring. As brokers, we’re experts in protecting your crops, often a massive investment.
Our licensed teams in our brokerages across Canada make purchasing hail insurance simple — you don’t have to tell us how busy you are. We’re committed to meeting your requirements as farmers.
Every site, however, is different and customized insurance policies are often needed — our Western experts will provide the right insurance coverages for the exact amount of hail insurance you require.
Protecting your crops means protecting your business — that’s just common sense.
What you need to know about hail insurance
- Whereas farm insurance often includes a rider on the policy that protects your out buildings and personal property, hail coverage is a separate coverage against hail damage to your crops.
- Your premium is determined by the number of acres and the crops you’ve chosen to plant.
- Consider asking your broker if your policy covers loss of crops by fire damage.
Advantages to working with a Western broker
- Our teams provide a streamlined approach to getting an insurance quote — we value your time. Either work with us over the phone or at your local Western brokerage. We’ll ask for your coordinates, the crop type and the value you’d like to be insured for and quote you right away.
- We insure a multitude of different seed varieties and access a wide array of insurance companies to help secure you the right coverage for your crops, at the best value.
- Western values building long term relationships with you, our customers. Protecting what you value most is critical, starting with your crops and extending to policies for your farm itself.
- If you were faced with a loss by hail, the companies that we’ve placed your insurance with are aware how critical it is to get adjustors out fast, assess the damage and find a claims solution.
For more information on hail insurance, contact your Western insurance broker today.