Rental Property Insurance
Protect Your Investment with Rental Property Insurance
Western Financial Group is an award-winning brokerage. Our home insurance experts will get you rental property insurance that protects your investment.
Our expertise will benefit you
We are skilled insurance shoppers. We work with Canada’s leading insurance partners to get you the right coverage to protect your rental property at the right value for you.
What you need to know
Rental Property Insurance protects your rental property in the event of property damage, as well as against liability should an injury or death occur on your property.
Benefits of rental property insurance
- Covers damage to your property, such as walls, floors, fixtures, heating and cooling systems and furniture (if furnished), subject to the terms of the policy. These terms indicate the risks that you're covered against, such as fire, explosions, wind damage, and specify the dollar limits you're covered up to.
- Can include glass coverage, loss of rental income, vandalism, and theft by tenants. You can add sewer backup coverage or earthquake coverage.
- If you keep a personal lawnmower or snowblower on your rental property and it gets damaged, you’ll have coverage.
- Loss of rental income: You’ll be compensated for lost rental income as a result of an insured event until the rented house can be re-occupied, or for the maximum allowed by your policy – whichever is less.
- If you rent out a room, a basement, or an apartment in a home that is your primary residence, you need to inform your broker. Not doing so may void your home insurance if you need to make a claim
Why choose Western?
We get you insurance that protects you as the owner of a rental property. It’s easy, fast, and customized to your needs. Get an online quote, text, email, or phone call. Choose what works for you.
Did you know that rental property insurance is another name for landlord insurance?
February 20, 2024
As a contractor, you may have subcontractors working for you on job sites. Does your contrac…