Stay Safe on the Water with the Right Boat Insurance
Western Financial Group is an award-winning brokerage. Our boat insurance experts will get you the right boat insurance so that you’re confident when you’re out on the water
Our expertise will benefit you
We are skilled insurance shoppers. We work with Canada’s leading insurance partners to get you the right coverage to protect your boat at the right value for you.
What you need to know
Your home insurance policy provides limited coverage for watercraft and often restrict what they will insure based on length and/or horsepower of your boat.
Benefits of boat insurance
- Boat insurance provides financial protection if your speedboat, sailboat, personal watercraft, or any other type of watercraft is involved in an accident, is damaged or stolen.
- Boat insurance includes liability coverage in case you are responsible for another person's injuries or property damage.
Did you know your boat insurance policy depends on:
- Length of watercraft
- Size of motor
- Type of motor (inboard / outboard)
- Type of vessel
- Use (rental to others/sporting activities)
- Boat storage - where it is kept when not in use
Actual cash value vs. agreed value coverage
Actual cash coverage covers you for the value of your boat at the time of loss, not when you bought it.
An agreed value policy honours the value of your boat at the time the policy was written.
Why choose Western?
We get you insurance that protects you as a seasonal property owner.
Get an online quote, text, email, or phone call. Choose what works for you.
September 20, 2023
Boating season can never be long enough for boat enthusiasts. Here in Canada, though, harsh…