A snowmobile is a vehicle that is operated on snow and ice for winter recreation. Most are driven on open terrain or trails. They may also be called sleds or snow machines.
Snowmobile insurance provides financial coverage if someone suffered a personal injury or damage to their property caused by you while operating your snowmobile. It can also cover injury to you caused by an uninsured snowmobiler, and damage to your snowmobile caused by an accident or collision.
Why you may need it
- You own and operate a snowmobile
- You participate in group snowmobile events such as rallies
- You couldn't afford to repair or replace your snowmobile if it were damaged or destroyed in an accident or through vandalism
- You want financial protection in the event that you are the cause of an accident or injury to another person or to another person’s property
What you need to know
The type of snowmobile insurance you need depends on:
- The type of snowmobile you own
- Where you store your snowmobile when it’s not in use
- When and where you will use your snowmobile
- Who will be driving your snowmobile