Critical Illness Insurance
Protect Your Quality of Life with Critical Illness Insurance
Western Financial Group is an award-winning brokerage. Our insurance experts will make sure you get critical illness insurance that’s right for you so that you can focus on your recovery.
Let us help you when you need it the most
We work with Canada’s leading insurance partners. We’ll find you critical illness insurance that can help cover the costs related to your illness and give you peace of mind.
What is critical illness insurance?
Critical illness insurance can give you a tax-free payment if you’re diagnosed with a serious condition. Your contract will define which conditions you’re covered for, but some examples include cancer, heart attack, stroke, Multiple Sclerosis, Alzheimer’s disease, among others.
Critical Illness Insurance can help in covering the costs associated with surviving a major illness such as:
- Lost wages
- Lost income for people who are self-employed
- Prescription drugs or treatments not covered by government plans
- Travel expenses for out-of-town treatment
- Mobility aids and assisted living supplies
- Home refitting and adaptation
- Homecare, childcare or housekeeping
- Mortgage and debt repayment
What you need to know about critical illness insurance
- Before you can make a claim, a licensed Canadian physician specializing in your illness, must have diagnosed you with a critical illness or disease that is covered by your policy.
- In most cases, you must have survived thirty (30) days following the date of diagnosis.
- If your claim is approved, a lump-sum benefit will be made to you after the required survival period has passed.
- The critical illness benefit is only payable once, and the payment represents the termination of your policy.
- There are no restrictions on how you use the money.
- You are entitled to collect the full benefit amount even if you make a recovery.
Why choose Western?
We will get you the right critical illness insurance. It’s simple, fast, and affordable.
Get an online quote, a text, email, or phone call. Choose what works for you.