Contest Rules & Regulations (the “Rules”) for:
Facebook, Google, YouTube, Spotify, Canada Post Direct Mail and Out of Home (Billboard)
By entering this Contest online, via phone, or in-branch, you acknowledge having read these Rules and agree to abide by them. Contest is subject to all federal, provincial and municipal laws.
- GENERAL: The Contest will begin on 12:01:00 a.m. (MDT) on June 22, 2020 and will end on 11:59:00 p.m. (MDT) on August 31, 2020 (the “Contest Period)”. The Contest is being conducted by Western Financial Group Inc. (the “Sponsor”). By entering the Contest, entrants accept and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of these Rules and accept the decisions of the Sponsor in connection with this Contest as final and binding in all respects.
- HOW TO ENTER: The Contest will run during the Contest Period at branches of the Sponsor and its subsidiaries (Western Financial Group, Wyatt Dowling and Orr & Associates) in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Ontario. In order to enter the Contest, contact a branch and receive a free no-obligation quote for a new insurance policy (no renewal or remarketed policies). Entry is free and each quote made during the Contest Period will give 1 entry per person/per IP address.
NO PURCHASE OR QUOTE NECESSARY. No purchase or quote entry: clearly print your name, address (including postal code) and phone number (including area code) on a plain piece of paper and include a 100 word essay about most important part of insurance for you. Mail your entry to: Western Quote to Win Contest, 1010 – 24 Street, SE, High River, AB. T1V 2A7. Limit of 1 mail-in entry per envelope with sufficient postage per person. A mail-in entry must be received by the Sponsor no later than 5:00 MDT on August 31, 2020. Excess entries will be removed.
- ENTRIES: All Contest entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. The Sponsor is not responsible for any lost, damaged or illegible entries, and retains the right to disqualify entrants who do not comply with the Rules.
- ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open to all legal residents of Canada (except residents of Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in their province/territory at the time of entry, except employees (and their families) of the Sponsor or its subsidiaries, including the Parent Company (Wawanesa).
- DRAW PROCESS: To determine the Contest winners, random draws will take place on the dates listed in the Draw Calendar (Section 6) from among all the eligible entries. The winning entrant will be contacted by phone within 1 week after the random draw. If the Sponsor is unable to contact a selected entrant after 3 reasonable attempts, or if the selected entrant fails to respond within 1 week of the Sponsor’s attempts to contact them, then the Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to select another entry. In order to claim the Prize, the selected entrant must correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question administered in person or by telephone and sign a standard release form declaring their eligibility and releasing the Sponsor from any other further liability other than to award the prize as described. Failure by any selected entrant to correctly answer the time limited skill testing question as required, or to complete, sign and return the release and declaration of eligibility within 3 business days or, if for any other reason, a prize cannot be awarded, another entry will be randomly selected for such Prize until it is properly claimed and awarded in accordance with the Rules.
DRAW CALENDAR: The Prize draws will be made according to the following Draw Calendar:
- Early Bird (2 draws): Week of July 6, 2020
- Month 1 (12 draws) – Week of August 10, 2020
- Month 2 (12 draws) – Week September 14, 2020
- DETAILS OF PRIZE: There will be 26 total prizes of $500 each (2 early bird and 12 per month), awarded in accordance with the Draw Calendar.
- ACCEPTANCE: The Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable or convertible. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equivalent or greater value if the Prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason.
- CHANCES OF WINNING: The odds of winning the Prize are dependent on the number of eligible entries received in the entire Contest Period.
- PUBLICITY: By entering, contestants agree to abide by the Rules and consent to their name and likeness being used in any publicity carried out by the Sponsor in all or any part of Canada and/or online, without further compensation, should they win the Contest prize.
- RELEASES AND INDEMNITIES: By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and indemnify the Sponsor and its affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all losses, expenses (including legal fees), damages and claims of any kind in connection with the Contest and Sponsor (i) shall have no liability of any kind whatsoever with respect to this Contest and/or the awarding or use of the Prize, (ii) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning the Prize, (iii) disclaim any implied warranty, and (iv) are not liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from the entrant’s acceptance or use of the Prize or otherwise from such entrant’s participation in this Contest, (v) are not liable for any claim arising from a the entrant’s use of or dissatisfaction.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION: By entering, contestants also agree to the use of their personal information disclosed in or in connection with their entries by the Sponsor and its subsidiary and affiliate companies for the purpose of administering the Contest, awarding and delivering the prize, and announcing the winner as set out above in accordance with the Sponsor’s Privacy Statement at https://westernfinancialgroup.ca/Privacy. The Sponsor does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of majority without the consent of a parent or guardian.
- SUBJECT TO LAWS: This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and municipal laws and regulations. The Sponsor may amend, cancel, close or suspend the contest at any time in order to comply with any applicable laws.
- AMEND OR RESCIND: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend this Contest should an event beyond its reasonable control corrupt the security or proper administration of the Contest, or for any other reason whatsoever. The Sponsor and its affiliates may, at their sole discretion and without liability, rescind or amend this Contest at any time.
- ERRORS AND OMISSIONS: The Sponsor is not responsible for any errors whatsoever in the Rules or promotion of the Contest, including without limitation any printing, distribution or production errors and may, in its discretion, withdraw the Contest if it is found to contain any such error, without liability to anyone whatsoever.