Contest Rules & Regulations (the “Rules”)
By entering the Contest, you acknowledge having read these Rules and agree to abide by them. Contest is subject to all federal, provincial and municipal laws.
- GENERAL: The Contest will begin on June 7, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. Mountain Time and will end on August 31, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. Mountain Time (the “Contest Period)”. The Contest is being conducted by Western Financial Group (Network) Inc. (the “Sponsor”). By entering the Contest, entrants accept and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of these Rules, and accept the decisions of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest as final and binding in all respects.
HOW TO ENTER: The Contest will run during the Contest Period, at participating Western Financial Group Inc. branches and its subsidiaries (Western Financial Group,
Western Coast Insurance Services, Wyatt Dowling Insurance, Orr & Associates) in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Ontario/Western Financial Group, Western
Coast Insurance, Wyatt Dowling and Orr & Associates websites (westernfinancialgroup.ca; westerncoastinsurance.ca; wyattdowling.ca; orrandassociates.ca).
In order to enter the Contest (i) contact a participating branch and receive a free no-obligation quote for a new home insurance policy (no renewal or remarketed policies). Entry is free and each quote made during the Contest Period will give 1 entry per person/per IP address. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
No purchase or quote entry: Clearly print your name, address (including postal code) and phone number (including area code) on a plain piece of paper and include a 100 word essay about most important part of insurance for you. Mail your entry to: Western Quote to Win $10K Contest, 1010 – 24 Street, SE, High River, AB. T1V 2A7. Limit of 1 mail-in entry per envelope with sufficient postage per person. A mail-in entry must be received by the Sponsor no later than 5:00 MDT on August 31, 2021. Excess entries will be removed.
- ENTRIES: All Contest entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. The Sponsor is not responsible for any lost, damaged or illegible entries, and retains the right to disqualify entrants who do not comply with the Rules. Entries in any way tampered with, forged, mutilated, incomplete, illegible, photocopied or mechanically reproduced, or submitted by or through fraudulent means, may be disqualified, at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. This includes any entry that does not comply with these Rules in any respect.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to all legal residents of Canada (except residents of Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in their province/territory at the time of entry, except employees, agents and representatives of the Sponsor and its affiliates (and persons with whom they are domiciled, members of their immediate family and their legal or common law spouses).
- DRAW PROCESS: To determine the Contest winner, a random draw will take place in High River, Alberta at approximately 10:00 a.m. MST on September 13, 2021 from among all the eligible entries. The winning entrant will be contacted by phone and/or email within 48 hours after the random draw. If the Sponsor is unable to reach the winning entrant within seventy-two (72) hours of the draw using all reasonable means, then the Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to select another entry. In order to claim the prize, the selected entrant(s) must correctly answer a time limited skill-testing question and sign a standard release form declaring their eligibility and releasing the Sponsor from any other further liability other than to award the prize as described. Failure by any selected entrant to correctly answer the time limited skill testing question, or to complete, sign and return the release and declaration of eligibility within two business days of receipt of the release and declaration of eligibility will result in another Contest entry being randomly selected for such prize until it is properly claimed and awarded in accordance with the Rules.
- DETAILS OF PRIZE: There will be one (1) prize awarded consisting of a ten thousand Canadian dollar (CAN$10,000.00) cheque.
- ACCEPTANCE: The Contest prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable or convertible. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equivalent or greater value if the prize. The Sponsor is not responsible for any costs incurred by the Contest winner in connection with claiming the prize. The Winner is solely responsible for the reporting and payment of any and all taxes that may result from claiming a prize in this Contest.
- CHANCES OF WINNING: The odds of winning the Contest prize are dependent on the number of eligible entries received in the entire Contest Period.
RULES AND PUBLICITY: By entering, contestants agree to abide by the Rules and consent to their name and likeness being used in any publicity carried out by the
Sponsor in all or any part of Canada and/or online, without further compensation, should they win the Contest prize.
RELEASE AND INDEMNITY: By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and indemnify the Sponsor and its affiliates, directors, officers, employees and
agents from any and all losses, expenses (including legal fees), damages and claims of any kind in connection with the Contest and Sponsor (i) will have no liability of any kind
whatsoever with respect to the Contest and/or the awarding or use of the Prize, (ii) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning the Prize, (iii) disclaim any
implied warranty, and (iv) are not liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from the entrant’s acceptance or use of the Prize or otherwise from such
entrant’s participation in the Contest, (v) are not liable for any claim arising from a the entrant’s use of or dissatisfaction.
PERSONAL INFORMATION: By entering, contestants also agree to the use of their personal information disclosed in or in connection with their entries by the Sponsor and
its subsidiary and affiliate companies for the purpose of administering the Contest, awarding and delivering the prize, announcing the winner and as set out in the Sponsor’s
Privacy Statement at https://westernfinancialgroup.ca/Privacy. The Sponsor does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of
majority without the consent of a parent or guardian.
SUBJECT TO LAWS: The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and municipal laws and regulations. The Sponsor may amend, cancel, close or suspend the
Contest at any time in order to comply with any applicable laws.
AMEND OR RESCIND: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend the Contest should an event beyond its reasonable control corrupt the
security or proper administration of the Contest, or for any other reason whatsoever. The Sponsor and its affiliates may, at their sole discretion and without liability, rescind or
amend the Contest at any time.
- ERRORS AND OMISSIONS: The Sponsor is not responsible for any errors whatsoever in the Rules or promotion of the Contest, including without limitation any printing, distribution or production errors and may, in its discretion, withdraw the Contest if it is found to contain any such error, without liability to anyone whatsoever.