Car Insurance in Manitoba
Get the Right Car Insurance
Western Financial Group is authorized to sell and renew Manitoba Public Insurance Autopac car insurance policies.
Get an online quote, text, email, or phone call. Choose what works best for you.
Switching your insurance is easy. You can save up to 30% when you switch your car insurance to Western Financial Group.
When you buy car insurance in Manitoba, you must have a valid vehicle registration and buy mandatory basic Autopac insurance from the Manitoba Public Insurance Corporation.
Our experts can help
Our skilled insurance shoppers work with Canada’s leading insurance partners to get you the right car insurance coverage at the right value.
Save on your Manitoba car insurance when you bundle it with your home insurance
- When you bundle your Manitoba car and home insurance, you can get a discount and it’s an easy way to cut costs without cutting coverage. You’ll also get one bill instead of two.
- If you have more than one car and they’re insured under the same policy, you can save with a multi-vehicle discount.
- If you’re a renter, you can bundle your renter's insurance with car insurance to get a discount.
Ask us about other discounts
- Are you claims free?
- A soft credit check can give you the best price for your car insurance.
- Does your car have vehicle safety features?
- If you don’t drive much, you could save money on your car insurance.
Did you know?
A higher deductible can lower your car insurance premium.
What kind of car insurance coverage do you need?
Mandatory insurance coverage for all Canadian provinces and territories:
- Liability coverage covers losses such as injury or death and covers damage to the other party if you are found to be at fault for an accident.
- Accident benefits/bodily injury insurance covers the cost of your own medical expenses and loss of income when you are in an accident.
Optional car insurance coverage:
- Collision insurance covers the cost of repairing or replacing your car if you hit another vehicle or object.
- Comprehensive insurance covers the cost of repairing or replacing your car due to damage from vandalism, fire, or theft.
Did you know? Since November 1971, the Manitoba Public Insurance Corporation has been providing universally available, basic compulsory vehicle insurance.
Why choose Western?
- Expertise: Our insurance experts have the experience and knowledge to provide you the best value for your car insurance.
- Customization: We work with you to customize your insurance policy needs.
- Customer service: We are committed to providing excellent customer service and we are always available to answer any questions you may have about your insurance needs.
- Competitive pricing: We offer competitive pricing and we work with you to find the best coverage options from our insurance partners at the best value for you.
- Convenience: We offer a range of online and in-person services, making it easy for you to get the insurance policy you need and to make changes as needed.
Ask us about all discounts that may be applicable to you to help you save money on your Manitoba Autopac car insurance.
How much is car insurance in Manitoba?
How much your car insurance will cost in Manitoba depends on factors such as:
- Your age, gender, and marital status
- Vehicle make, model, year, and any safety features
- Your driving and insurance history including claims and convictions
- How long you have had your licence
- Your location in Manitoba
Frequently Asked Questions
It includes personal injury insurance, all-perils insurance, and third-party liability insurance.
Basic third-party liability coverage insures you up to $500,000 for any claims that are made against you. You can get Autopac coverage to increase your third-party liability protection to $1 million, $2 million, $5 million, $7 million or $10 million.
The basic deductible is typically $750.
An all-purpose passenger vehicle is used for pleasure driving and for driving to or from, or part way to or from, work or school, or for business purposes.
A pleasure passenger vehicle can only be driven to or from--or part way to or from--work or school up to 4 days in one month, and not more than 1,609 km (1,000 miles) to or from work or school during a rating term.
Students can’t drive a vehicle to school regularly with pleasure use.
A common carrier passenger vehicle (local) is used by a courier or common carrier, or for any other delivery purposes related to a business, trade or occupation, more than four days in one month, or more than 1,609 km (1,000 miles) during a registration period.
Your vehicle: Your car insurance costs are determined in part by the cost of claims associated with the year, make and model of the vehicle you drive.
Where you live: Manitoba is divided into four territories for vehicle rating purposes. Each geographic region is identified with varying degrees of risk.
Your driving record: If you drive safely – with no at-fault claims, traffic convictions or drug or alcohol-related suspensions – you can save money on your car insurance
Two or more vehicles
If you have more than one car and they’re insured under the same policy, you can save money on your car insurance with a multi-vehicle discount.
Choose a higher deductible
If you choose a higher deductible, or if you raise it when your policy renews, you could substantially lower your car insurance premium to save.
A safe driving record can get you a discount. Ask your Western car insurance expert about it.
Discount for advanced safety technology
Vehicles equipped with factory-installed autonomous emergency braking (AEB) can be eligible for a discount. Ask us about it.
Experienced driver discount
Generally, drivers with more years of driving experience will see greater savings on their Autopac car insurance.
Low-kilometre and distance-based discounts
Don’t drive often? You may be eligible for a discount.