Car Insurance in Saskatchewan
Get the Right Car Insurance
Western Financial Group is authorized to sell and renew Saskatchewan Government Insurance (SGI) Auto Fund car insurance. The Saskatchewan Auto Fund is a mandatory vehicle registration and insurance program.
MySGI Auto Pak
Get an online quote, text, email, or phone call. Choose what works best for you.
Switching your insurance is easy. You can save up to 30% when you switch your car insurance to Western Financial Group.
Our experts can help
Our skilled insurance shoppers work with Canada’s leading insurance partners to get you the right car insurance coverage at the right value.
Save on your Saskatchewan car insurance when you bundle it with your home insurance
- When you bundle your Saskatchewan car and home insurance, you can get a discount and it’s an easy way to cut costs without cutting coverage. You’ll also get one bill instead of two.
- If you have more than one car and they’re insured under the same policy, you can save with a multi-vehicle discount.
- If you’re a renter, you can bundle your renter's insurance with car insurance to get a discount.
Ask us about other discounts
- Are you claims free?
- A soft credit check can give you the best price for your car insurance.
- Does your car have vehicle safety features?
- If you don’t drive much, you could save money on your car insurance.
Did you know?
A higher deductible can lower your car insurance premium.
What kind of car insurance coverage do you need?
Mandatory insurance coverage for all Canadian provinces and territories:
- Liability coverage covers losses such as injury or death and covers damage to the other party if you are found to be at fault for an accident.
- Accident benefits/bodily injury insurance covers the cost of your own medical expenses and loss of income when you are in an accident.
Optional car insurance coverage:
- Collision insurance covers the cost of repairing or replacing your car if you hit another vehicle or object.
- Comprehensive insurance covers the cost of repairing or replacing your car due to damage from vandalism, fire, or theft.
Did you know? In 1944, the provincial government passed the Saskatchewan Government Insurance Act, creating the Crown corporation that’s commonly known as SGI. SGI oversees the province’s Auto Fund.
Why choose Western?
- Expertise: Our insurance experts have the experience and knowledge to provide you the best value for your car insurance.
- Customization: We work with you to customize your insurance policy needs.
- Customer service: We are committed to providing excellent customer service and we are always available to answer any questions you may have about your insurance needs.
- Competitive pricing: We offer competitive pricing and we work with you to find the best coverage options from our insurance partners at the best value for you.
- Convenience: We offer a range of online and in-person services, making it easy for you to get the insurance policy you need and to make changes as needed.
Ask us about all discounts that may be applicable to you to help you save money on your SGI Auto Fund car insurance.
How much is car insurance in Saskatchewan?
How much your car insurance will cost in Saskatchewan depends on factors such as:
- Your age, gender, and marital status
- Vehicle make, model, year, and any safety features
- Your driving and insurance history including claims and convictions
- How long you have had your licence
- Your location in Saskatchewan
Frequently Asked Questions
When you register your vehicle, you pay a flat registration fee and get a basic package of insurance on your plates. The insurance includes:
- Coverage for damage to your vehicle, subject to a deductible
- Personal injury insurance from a vehicle collision
- Liability insurance for damage your car causes to another vehicle or property, or injury to others
Your basic plate insurance includes $200,000 of liability coverage. If you’re responsible for losses more than $200,000, you’ll have to pay for the difference out of your own pocket.
Most vehicles with basic plate insurance have a $700 deductible
You can increase your liability insurance and buy a car extension policy with the liability coverage limit that you want.
You can also get extra coverage for such things as damage to your vehicle, and options to lower your deductible.
Two or more vehicles
If you have more than one car and they’re insured under the same policy, you can save money on your SGI car insurance with a multi-vehicle discount.
Opt for a higher deductible
If you choose a higher deductible, or if you raise it when your policy renews, you could substantially lower your car insurance premium to save.
A safe driving record can get you a discount. Ask your Western car insurance expert about it.
Discount for advanced safety technology
Cars that are equipped with factory-installed autonomous emergency braking (AEB) can be eligible for a discount. Ask us about it.
Don’t drive often? You may be eligible for a discount.