Online auction boosts Western Communities Foundation
Looking for the perfect gift?
At Western Financial Group, we’re inviting Canadians to join us in supporting our inaugural online auction—now live—for our registered charity, the Western Communities Foundation (WCF).
A pillar of our organization since 2002, the WCF is dedicated to helping communities in which we serve and partnering with non-profits on health, education, public housing and recreation initiatives.
Items up for bid include:
- A Fender guitar signed by Canadian band Trooper.
- A framed original painting by Foothills artist Dr. Ron Gorsche
- Life is Art coffee table book featuring rural Alberta photos.
- Vancouver Island experience, comprised of a Prince of Whales whale watching adventure, two passes to Butchart Gardens and Adrena LINE Zipline adventure for two.
- A golf stay and play package at St. Eugene Golf Resort and Casino in Cranbrook.
- Laugh yourself silly with a Cow Patti Dinner Theatre package in Lacombe, AB.
- 6 tickets for Calgary Hitmen VS the Red Deer Rebels all from Western’s executive suite at the Scotiabank Saddledome with the option to purchase six additional tickets.
- Hockey jerseys for Edmonton Oilers’ Connor McDavid, Toronto Maple Leafs’ Auston Matthews, Winnipeg Jets’ Patrik Laine and Vancouver Canucks’ Bo Horvat.
All funds raised from the auction support the WCF core programs, including infrastructure grants for community projects, matching grants and student bursaries. Don’t hesitate to share the bid pages on social media. The online auction is open across the country.
“Your charitable donations, large or small, are what provide us the opportunity to strengthen communities across much of Canada,” Laurette Laplante, director with the WCF, said.
“Each time we give back, we know we had the support of Canadians. For that we thank them.”
At Western, we wish participants good luck in the auction, which is now live and continues until 8 p.m. MST on Oct. 31. Happy bidding!
Most Popular Community Post
February 15, 2019
Most Popular Blog
Most Popular News
January 10, 2019