Flood Preparedness Tips
With flood season upon us, here are nine tips and precautions you can take to ensure you are prepared in the event of rising water in your community:
- Create an emergency preparedness plan and assemble an emergency kit consisting of a flashlight, batteries, a battery-operated radio, food, water and personal items.
- Protect your valuable items in your basement by moving them to higher levels in your home.
- Contact licensed trade professionals to elevate your furnaces, hot water heaters and electrical panels in the basement or relocate them to a higher level.
- Install a security system with water detection devices that can alert you if water is rising in your basement.
- Clean out your eavestroughs and downspouts in order to direct water away from your home.
- Have a trusted friend or family member check your home while you are away.
- Take the time to prepare a detailed inventory list of your valuables. Be sure to take pictures of the items in your home.
- In the event of an emergency, ensure you have a copy of your home insurance policy accessible.
- Contact your local Western Financial Group insurance broker to review your home insurance policy to ensure you are fully aware of what your current coverage entails.
Categories: Archived News - 2014
Most Popular Community Post
Most Popular Blog
August 14, 2019