How General Liability Insurance Protects Your Farm
Your farm is a business and you need to protect with general liability insurance.
Farm liability insurance protects your farm from claims if there is an accident. Medical and legal expenses and property replacement costs can quickly get out of control, putting your family’s financial future at risk. It provides coverage if visitors are harmed on your property, or if their property is damaged because of your farm operations.
Talk to your Western insurance expert about getting general liability insurance for your farm. We have the knowledge and expertise to guide you through this process and explain why farm liability insurance is important for protecting your farm.
Why is general liability insurance important for farms?
Having the right liability insurance for your farm is important because your family relies on it for their income and lifestyle. Farms have more inherent risks than other businesses and if someone is injured on your farm or their property is damaged, your general liability insurance will help pay for the expenses associated with it.
Your Western farm insurance expert will answer any questions you may have about general liability insurance for farms and what is right for you.
What does general liability insurance for farms cover?
Farm liability insurance protects you from paying damages if someone is injured or their property is damaged because of your operations. Someone could be injured on your farm and sue you for medical expenses, your livestock or machinery could damage their property, or you might have to pay legal fees if you are sued for negligence. General liability insurance covers a wide range of risks like:
- Third-party bodily injury
- Third-party property damage
- Slow-moving farm machinery on roads
- Pollution and pesticides
- Injury and property damage caused by escaped farm animals
- Public access to farm animals
- Boarding animals belonging to someone else
- Non-farm related operations
- Normal farming operations
- Property damage to rented outbuildings or residences
- Accidental property damage caused by you
- Legal liability from ownership, occupancy, or use of the farm, including the dwelling
What kinds of expenses does general liability insurance protect you from?
General liability coverage for farms helps cover expenses like:
- Medical payments for third-party injuries, even if you are not legally responsible
- Legal liability expenses from actions anywhere, not just on your farm
- Legal defense costs
- Replacing damaged property
Many of our Western experts have farmed or have family in the industry — we know farm and ranch insurance is incredibly unique. Why? It often combines parts of personal (farmhouse) and business into one policy. Our licensed team will help you understand the coverages and, most importantly, that you’re insured to value. We access products from this country’s top insurance companies to place your ag business.
Fill out our form in one minute. One of our insurance brokers will contact you shortly. Our experts are also available now in branch or on the phone to help you navigate the farm insurance journey that will give you the right policy for your farm.