Look no further if you’re needing car and truck insurance today.
As your King City insurance brokers, we offer car and truck insurance, home insurance, business insurance, farm insurance and life insurance. We have access to many other superior products. Let our insurance experts be your trusted source for personal and business insurance.
We are dedicated to helping you find the right insurance in King City, Ontario.
King City is a community of more than 8,000 residents about an hour north of Toronto in York Region. It’s characterized by rolling hills and forests and is on the Oak Ridges Moraine. The area is known for its horse and cattle farms. King City is also home to the Thornton Bales Conservation Area.
The community is just off Highway 400 and has its own Go Train commuter station, giving it easy access to larger urban centres while residents can enjoy small town living.
Surrounding communities include Schomberg, Nobleton, Richmond Hill, Aurora, Whitchurch-Stouffville, Newmarket, East Gwillimbury and Georgina.
It has more than 200 businesses and a Seneca College campus for applied arts and health sciences programs, which is a major employer in the area. It is also home to the Country Day School, a co-educational private school offering programs from JK-12 and St. Thomas of Villanova College at Marylake Shrine, as well as public elementary and high schools.
The Marylake Augustinian Monastery, also known as Marylake Monastery, Marylake Shrine, or as just Marylake, is an Augustinian monastery in King City.
The King City Community Centre and King City Arena host numerous activities, such as youth hockey league matches and yoga classes and many community events throughout the year.
King City Memorial Park, next to the arena, has two baseball fields, several soccer fields, two children's playgrounds, and tennis courts. The King Township Museum is also another attraction to visit.
A portion of the extensive Oak Ridges Trail passes through King City where birding, hiking, and trail running is enjoyed.
Art lovers can visit the McMichael Canadian Art Collection in nearby Vaughan, Ontario.
In 1890, King City was incorporated by merging the hamlets of Springhill, Kinghorn, Laskay, and Eversley.
Over 4,132 5-Star Reviews
What do I need to know about car insurance in King City, Ontario?
As a resident of Ontario, you need mandatory car insurance coverage that protects you, your passengers, and other drivers.
Under the Compulsory Automobile Insurance Act of Ontario, it is illegal to drive a motor vehicle that is not insured.
There are four types of car insurance that are legally required in Ontario:
- Third-party Liability Coverage: You must have a minimum of $200,000 in third-party liability coverage as part of your mandatory car insurance. It’s highly recommended that you purchase a higher limit. It protects you if someone is killed or injured, or their property is damaged, and you are found to be legally liable.
- Statutory Accidents Benefits Coverage: It provides you with benefits if you are injured in an accident, no matter who is found to be responsible. It includes supplementary medical, rehabilitation and attendant care, caregiver, non-earner and income replacement benefits, and there are options to increase most of these coverages.
- Direct Compensation- Property Damage (DCPD) Coverage: It covers damage to your car or its contents, and for the loss of use of your car or its contents, if another person was at fault for the accident. It is called direct compensation because even though someone else causes the damage, you collect directly from your own insurer.
Insurance coverage under the DCPD section only applies if the following conditions are met: The accident took place in Ontario and there was at least one other vehicle involved in the accident. At least one of the other vehicles is insured by an insurance company licensed in Ontario.
- Uninsured Automobile Coverage: It protects you and your family if you are injured or killed by a hit-and-run driver or by an uninsured motorist. It covers damage to your car caused by an identified uninsured driver.
What do I need to know about home insurance in King City, Ontario?
Home insurance is not mandatory in Ontario, but if you have a mortgage your lender will likely require you to have an insurance policy.
Home insurance helps you protect against:
- Third- party “slip and fall” accidents
Without home insurance, you’ll be responsible for paying out of pocket for damages to your home and detached structures like your shed or garage.
Home insurance also covers your personal belongings and helps protect you should someone get injured at your King City home.
You’ll be protected and have peace of mind with home insurance in King City.
Western Financial Group also serves these other Ontario locations:
Barrie | Belleville | Bracebridge | Brantford | Burlington | Cambridge | Cornwall | Gatineau | Guelph | Hamilton | Huntsville | Kawartha Lakes | Kenora | Kingston | Kitchener | Lindsay | London | Midland | Milton | Mississauga| Newmarket | North Bay | Orangeville | Orillia | Peterborough | Port Carling | Sarnia | Sault Ste. Marie | Scarborough | Sudbury | Thunder Bay | Timmins | Vaughan | Waterloo | Welland | Windsor | Woodstock
Barrie | Belleville | Bracebridge | Brantford | Burlington | Cambridge | Cornwall | Gatineau | Guelph | Hamilton | Huntsville | Kawartha Lakes | Kenora | Kingston | Kitchener | Lindsay | London | Midland | Milton | Mississauga | Newmarket | North Bay | Orangeville | Orillia | Peterborough | Port Carling | Sarnia | Sault Ste. Marie | Scarborough | Sudbury | Thunder Bay | Timmins | Vaughan | Waterloo | Welland | Windsor | Woodstock